Here are some simple tips that can help avoid costly repairs:
1. If you see water accumulating around the bottom of the pump, call
us to get it fixed. Probably a pump seal leaking, but if left unattended,
water will penetrate the motor and cause motor failure, leading to a much
more expensive repair.
2. Maintain proper water level and keep baskets in skimmers and pumps free from excess
debris. If the water level gets low in the pool, or a basket is clogged, the pump can suck air
and run dry. The pump seal is water cooled and can start leaking if pump runs dry.
3. Keep filter clean!!! If you have a DE or sand filter, backwash regularly so pressure on filter
does not get to high. If you have a cartridge filter, pull out cartridges regularly and clean
them. If pressure builds at the filter, internal parts and the filter housing can be damaged.
4. Maintain proper water chemistry...High chlorine levels or low pH levels are very corrosive, and
can damage everything on your system, especially the pump seal and the heat exchanger
on a gas heater. Plastics and fabrics will become brittle and will break or tear prematurely.
High pH water is scale forming water, and can clog up filter cartridges, heat exchangers and
headers, and salt cells. Improper water balance also leads to premature scaling on tileline.
5. Keep o-rings lubricated and replace when necessary.